Ascot Racecourse Ltd appointed Lindum to supply turf for its parade rings and lawns as part of a major new redevelopment of the site.
Approximately 50,000 metres squared of turf was supplied and laid by the company's specialist teams.
Lindum turf products used included:
- 40mm-thick fibre reinforced Lokturf™ for the parade ring and lawns. This turf was suitable for heavy-wear applications.
- 40mm-thick rootzone turf for instant use lawns.
- Standard thickness turf for other areas of the racecourse.
- LT6 Sporturf grass mix was used throughout. This mix combines a high percentage of perennial ryegrass for high-wear tolerance, recovery rates and shoot density, with smooth stalked meadow grass and creeping red fescue.
- A substantial amount of LT9 Rhizomatous Tall Fescue (RTF) turf was used under large plane trees. RTF turf was chosen for its shade- and drought-tolerant properties.
Working closely with the main landscape contractor, Gavin Jones, the site was completed in time for the Royal meeting in June.